To apply toa german university for a Bachelor cycle  german students just need a Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (HZB). The HZB is a document which proves that the student is skilled and has the ability to study in a university. As an international student, the process to apply to a german university is completely different.

You will need to have your education certificate recognized by German academic authorities. Upon having a certificate approved, students will receive a Statement of Comparability for Foreign Higher Education Qualifications, stating that the foreign qualification is equivalent or comparable with the German system.

So how do you know if your degree is equivalent to german one? The Anabin database is the official platform to check how your degree is comparable to the german system. The Anabin is a database of qualifications from around the globe. As a student, the Anabin database is a very useful tool to confirm whether academic qualifications from your home country meet the academic standards in accordance with the German higher education system.

The database is comprehensive and frequently updated so if your qualifications are accepted, it is very likely that you will find it on the site. Unfortunately the database is only accessible in German. Feel free to contact us if you want to check whether your degree or qualification is comparable with the german system.